Frontend developper in Paris, He/Him
I’m a 🇫🇷 software engineer in web frontend development!
I joined Beamy in february 2020, at Station F (Paris) as software engineer. I work on the development of our platforms (in Vue.js, like the cools kids nowadays and NestJS).
My daily life focuses on:
- The release of new frontend / backend features
- Performance challenges and optimizations
- Monitoring of deployments via continuous integration and adequate test sets
- Have a critical eye on UX / UI as well as user feedback
- Continue to learn to improve my / our technical pluevalue on a daily basis
- Have a good time with amazing people! 👊
I also do technology watch (digital and physical) by attending professional conferences and preparing a blog about it.
You have a good chance to meet me in convention (Vue.js Amsterdam, Frontend Love, JSWorld, etc) ! ✨
Internship of 6 months at Gandi, french leading domain name registrar, mentored by Gandi's Front-End Lead Developer.
I have first started my internship by building a simple static webpage: Postmaster, which aims at guiding users of Gandi's email offering through solving common email delivery rejections.
The page is available in $n languages and leverages React HTML rendering and Gandi's internal UI components library.
I then was assigned a more ambitious project, "Gandi in Numbers", which is a project in order to publish information in the form of numbers and statistics about Gandi. I had strong ownership on the creation and development of this project and was abble to be proactive in term of strategic and technical choice.
It consists of a React (isomorphic) web application which leverages both client-side and server-side rendering, following a progressive enchancement strategy, and is built on top of a custom technical stack that I have built from scratch with the ambition of turning this stack into a light, re-usable web applications framework.
Technical highlights include:
- React & React Redux
- Code quality tooling using ESLint, Flow, Prettier.
- Server side rendering, for performance and accessibilty improvment.
- Node.js web infrastructure with Express.js.
- Creation of specific React Components, leveraging Hooks / Context APIs and Redux
- Uses of React Hooks and Context.
- Unified HTTP requests API both on the server and in the browser using isomorphic-fetch.
Data came from a REST API that I wrote in Node.js, which was introduced to proxify internals datas from a distant Prometheus and serve them as an Express middleware.
Units test was made with Jest, and the they was typed with Flow, as such as API.
Internship of 5 months in the company Maecia, creator of intranet for large groups as a front-end developer / integrator.
Works on the Web integration (HTML5 / CSS3 / JS) and especially on the Vue.js framework.
In january 2017 I founded Brodev which was a computer development company (website, mobile application), reputation management (SEO), computer maintenance, etc.
Emergency first aider working on behalf of the Paris SAMU, firefighters and supervising various social events
Presidency and management of the Efrei Paris’s Students Desk for the 2600 students / 55+ associations on the mandate 2018 - 2019, including the dialogue with the different stackholders and suppliers.
I had strong ownership and responsibilities such as a constant communication with the administration and the managment of the school. During my term, I attended on the board of the school where I was the spokesperson of the students. As such I had to represent and defend their interests. The student office also has in its perimeter of action the management of the 55+ associations.
I also organized and managed the commercial and financial negotiations with the companies wishing to invest in the school through the different tenders.
Follow-up the projects such as our associations digital intranet creation, made by an external provider: associations.efrei.fr/
Fully committed and involved, my responsibilities during this term were :
- Creation of events and communications to ensure an optimal sales / transformation rate
- Having an excellent sense of personal and team organization, in short and long term
- Negotiating partnerships with large groups
- Managing a team of 35 people and know how to impose oneself in debates with different actors (55+ associations
- Protecting the student interests to the board of directors of Efrei Paris
- Protecting and promote the interests of minorities within the school
Being in a BDE and especially as a president needs to be dynamic, empathic, creative, to have a good relationship, not to be afraid of thinking out of the box, to be able to have a leadership posture.
This experience brought me an incroyable business network, good memories and especially a personal and professional enrichment on my ability to manage projects.